Since March 2020, our communities in Yates County have been working diligently to lessen the spread of COVID-19 in the Finger Lakes Region. The safety of those who live and visit here our our top priority, so we encourage all to follow the guidance that has been issued by New York State Public Health officials and the Governor. We will continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation of COVID-19. For the most thorough, detailed information please visit the NY Forward website.
Planning Resources – Visiting Yates County
The phased reopening of New York State, specifically the Finger Lakes Region, has taken time and has been treated as a delicate and evolving process. Kindness, patience and understanding are appreciated as businesses manage changes and new ways of doing business. It is important for you to know what to expect and have a clear understanding of how attractions, accommodations and local businesses are operating under the current guidance from the State of New York.
Things might look a little differently around here. However, many popular Finger Lakes activities like wineries, breweries, shops, restaurants, and attractions – are open and ready for you to experience. It’s recommended that you call ahead or make reservations when required ahead of time before visiting. We truly are grateful to be able to share a little part of our lives with yours, but there are some things you need to know and be mindful of ahead of time:
- 3/11/2021 NYS Domestic Travel Update:
- Starting April 1st, quarantine for domestic travel will no longer be required after entering New York from another state in the U.S.
- While no longer required, quarantine after domestic travel is still advised as added precaution.
- Mandatory quarantine remains in effect for international travelers
- All travelers covered must continue to fill out traveler health form upon arrival into New York State.
- In New York State, you are required to wear a mask in public where you cannot maintain at least 6 feet distance. This includes when taking private or public transportation and for-hire vehicles.
- Social distancing guidelines (maintain 6 ft. apart) are non-negotiable while we continue to stay open and keep everyone safe.
- Avoid traveling with those outside of your family.
- Check with the business or attraction before visiting for the most up to date information on their hours, offerings and capacity.
We encourage you to review the additional travel resources linked below.
Yates County Resources: