Since March, our communities in Yates County have been working diligently to lessen the spread of COVID-19 in the Finger Lakes Region. The safety of those who live and visit here our our top priority, so we encourage all to follow the guidance that has been issued by New York State Public Health officials and the Governor. We will continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation of COVID-19. For the most thorough, detailed information please visit <a href=”https://forward.ny.gov”>https://forward.ny.gov</a>
Planning Resources – Visiting Yates County
The phased reopening of New York State, specifically the Finger Lakes Region, has taken time and has been treated as a delicate and evolving process. Kindness, patience and understanding are appreciated as businesses manage changes and new ways of doing business. It is important for you to know what to expect and have a clear understanding of how attractions, accommodations and local businesses are operating at this time so you can enjoy your time spent here.
Things might look differently around here. However, many popular Finger Lakes activities like wineries, breweries, shops, restaurants, and attractions – are open and ready for you to experience. It’s recommended that you call ahead or make reservations when required ahead of time before visiting. We truly are grateful to be able to share a little part of our lives with yours, but there are some things you need to know and be mindful of ahead of time:
- New York State has issued a travel advisory for anyone entering the state from states or territories that are experiencing recent, significant, community-wide spread of COVID-19. For a list of states and territories that meet the criteria for required quarantine, visit https://ny.gov/states.
- On 10/20/20, NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that our neighboring states, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Connecticut meet the criteria for the travel advisory. They were not placed on the list of restricted states, but nonessential travel from these three states are discouraged. This is not a travel ban or executive order by NYS, but we ask that those traveling from these states are mindful and respectful of this update. This recommendation is in place to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 from those traveling from areas that have high infection rates. The discouragement of nonessential travel will be removed only when numbers no longer meet the travel advisory criteria. Right now, it is very important to call and plan ahead, especially if you are from one of these three states.
- In New York State, everyone is required to wear a mask in public where you cannot maintain at least 6 feet distance. This includes when taking private or public transportation and for-hire vehicles.
- Social distancing guidelines (maintain 6 ft. apart) are non-negotiable while we continue to navigate the safe reopening of our region.
- Avoid traveling with those outside of your family.
- Check with the business or attraction before visiting for the most up to date information on their hours, offerings and capacity.
We encourage you to review the additional travel resources linked below.
Yates County Resources: