The safety of those who live and visit here our our top priority, so we encourage all to follow the guidance that has been issued by New York State Public Health officials and the Governor. We will continue to monitor the rapidly changing situation of COVID-19. For the most thorough, detailed information please visit the NY Forward website.
August 11, 2021 Update from Yates County Public Health:
New data shows that vaccinated people can be infected by the COVID Delta variant. The CDC is now recommending that everyone wear masks in public indoor settings in areas of high or substantial transmission. Check out Yates County’s level of transmission http://ow.ly/tqWt50FNoVB
Planning Resources – Visiting Yates County
The phased reopening of New York State, specifically the Finger Lakes Region, has taken time and has been treated as a delicate and evolving process. Kindness, patience and understanding are appreciated as businesses manage changes and new ways of doing business.
It’s recommended that you call ahead or make reservations when required ahead of time before visiting. We also want you to be mindful that some businesses still have limited capacity during this time of transition. We truly are grateful to be able to share a little part of our lives with yours, but there are some things you need to know and be mindful of ahead of time:
- 6/15/2021: NYS Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that all COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted as 70% of adult New Yorkers have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Most businesses are following the guidance, but some businesses will still require masks, even for vaccinated individuals.
- If you are not vaccinated, please follow the NYS guidance and wear your mask in public indoor places where you cannot maintain social distance.
- 3/11/2021 NYS Domestic Travel Update:
- Starting April 1st, quarantine for domestic travel will no longer be required after entering New York from another state in the U.S.
- While no longer required, quarantine after domestic travel is still advised as added precaution.
- Mandatory quarantine remains in effect for international travelers
- Check with the business or attraction before visiting for the most up to date information on their hours, offerings and capacity.
We encourage you to review the additional travel resources linked below.
Yates County Resources: